Romancing the Stone is committed to respecting the personal privacy of our website visitors. The following statement summarizes the privacy practices of romancingthestone.ca, informing visitors of why and how the site collects personal information online and how the information is used.
Scope: This policy applies to the the romancingthestone.ca website only. We are not responsible in any way for the privacy practices of other websites, which may be linked to the romancingthestone.ca website.
What is personal information?
Personal information is any information that can be used to identify a specific individual, and includes such information as a name, a home address, home telephone number and e-mail address.
romancingthestone.ca may collect information in a non-identifying and aggregate form to enhance our website and to share with external technical consultants for romancingthestone.ca related business. This information cannot be personally identified with a specific individual.
Our Privacy Practices
romancingthestone.ca does not automatically gather your personal information. You may anonymously access our website. Personal information is only obtained if you supply it voluntarily when using our website, i.e. contacting us via e-mail, making a purchase, subscribing to a e-newsletter, etc. In general, it will be obvious when the romancingthestone.ca site is collecting your personal information because you will have to fill out a form.
romancingthestone.ca will not sell or rent your personal information. We may share your information in the following situations:
- To those suppliers or companies hired to deliver the workitout.ca products or services, for example a shipping company that delivers a package.
- In some instances, for example online payments, visitors may be asked to submit credit card information for payment. Credit card transactions are managed by third party payment processing companies with whom romancingthestone.ca has partnered. romancingthestone.ca does not authorize these companies to use the information except for the express purpose for which it was provided.
All personal information you provide is protected under the Government of Ontario’s Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
romancingthestone.ca employs reasonable administrative and technical measures to ensure the security of personal information.
Information collected by technology
The nature of the Internet requires specific information to be exchanged between a Web visitor/user and the romancingthestone.ca website. The information collected does not identify you personally and includes:
- Your IP (Internet protocol) address, a number automatically assigned to your computer when you visit the website.
- Your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
- Your type of operating system (Windows, Macintosh etc).
- Your Web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer etc.).
This information is used by romancingthestone.ca as an administrative tool for identifying system problems and monitoring network traffic. romancingthestone.ca does not attempt to link this information with the identity of the individual visiting our website.